Monday, February 16, 2009

Ukraine at Last!



Day 1 – we arrived in Kyiv to light snow. Had a good flight, although I spent 9 hours on the plane with the guy behind me coughing about every 5 minutes – finally gave him some cough drops so I could sleep and maybe not get sick.

Charlene made several new friends today. Yulia – 2, Tanya (her mom) and Vira (the great grandmother). Yulia was cuter than a bug’s ear and quickly befriended Charlene. Charlene talked with her Great Grandmother then and in the end exchanged phone numbers.

I am ochen tired as I write this though it’s only 1730 here. In my attempt to stay awake a couple more hours I flipped on the TV and am watching the Russian version of Judge Judy while typing. It’s pretty interesting when they pan to the bailiff holding the AK-47!

Couple pictures here – Charlene and I upon arrival and Oles’ new hat (wonder where he got the idea).

We’re planning to walk to our appointment tomorrow AM. Charlene found a great apartment online, less then ½ block from Independence square.

We’ll update you tomorrow – pls pray for Godspeed and his leading in every interaction we have.

SDG,

Tim and Charlene.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey good luck you guys. We'll be following your story as we get ready to leave in 2 weeks.

Gary and Beverly said...

Glad to hear you made it OK. Sounds like you're exhausted. Hope you can get some rest this evening.

All is well here. We just had Sophie with us for lunch on Sunday since Ethan went out with his small group. Will made it back OK but probably is ready to rest from all those middle schoolers. Sounds like they had a good time though.

We'll check in on them later today. Just don't worry about a thing here.

You're in our prayers.

Gary & Beverly

Anonymous said...

Hey mom and dad! Glad you guys made it! I liked the part about the AK-47! Anyways, We're not doing so good here. Will threw up last night and hasn't gotten out of bed all day. I dont feel to good either, and I can't find the Airbornes! Other than that, we're doing O.K. Sophie and the animals are fine.